A Collection Of Possible Causes
So many factors have been known to cause pedestrian accidents. While the injured pedestrian is not always negligence-free, all details of the incident are important to consider. Multiple parties are occasionally liable for pedestrian accidents. For example:
- The role that the driver of the vehicle played. Was excessive speed involved? What about the all-too-common “driving under the influence” of alcohol and/or drugs?
- Was the vehicle itself defective, causing the accident?
- Were the lighting conditions inadequate for safe roadway or pedestrian traffic use? Is the city or municipality liable to any degree?
- Had the road condition deteriorated enough so that safe driving was difficult?
A Collection Of Possible Damages
Just as there can be multiple causes of pedestrian accidents, so too the repercussions for the victim can be many and long-lasting. For example:
- Severe injuries sometimes prevent a victim from ever resuming their vocation, and even destroy the chance of many career choices.
- At times, reconstructive surgery is needed to make the victim “whole” again.
- Sadly, premature death is often linked to serious injuries a pedestrian has suffered.
- When the quality of life of an injured pedestrian is clearly damaged or permanently ruined, compensation is called for.
- Certain issues an injured pedestrian deals with physically will require round-the-clock medical care. Maybe permanently.
Some pains and problems are instantly obvious, but some may take weeks, months, or years to reveal themselves. Certainly reason enough to seek competent legal representation.
Have you been hurt in a pedestrian accident? Then contact us immediately to receive fair compensation. Benefit from our 40 years of experience!