A motor vehicle accident can take place in the blink of an eye, and the outcome of that moment could affect the very fabric of your life. There are a variety of life-changing injuries you might suffer during a crash on California roads, some of which could impact your daily activities and diminish your quality of life.
Spinal cord injuries are an example of a type of serious medical condition that remains far too common among accident victims. Such health conditions could leave you struggling with numerous symptoms, some of which may lead to physical pain and suffering, while others might create emotional hardships.
Spinal cord injury symptoms
Spinal cord injuries continue to affect the lives of many. Experts indicate that similar health concerns can present with a variety of symptoms and potential health complications, some of which may include:
- Loss of control or sensation: A spinal injury may cause you to experience a loss of sensation in your extremities, or to lose partial or full control over certain body parts.
- Loss of bladder control: Studies also indicate that similar injuries could leave you suffering from a partial or total loss of bowel or bladder control.
- Nerve damage: Spinal cord injuries could also lead to severe pain and suffering stemming from damage to your nerve fibers.
- Poor circulation: Similar health concerns may also impact your circulation, and such issues may only increase the risk of further health complications.
- Mental toll: Dealing with similar injuries and the changes such issues might bring to your life can prove harrowing, and the stress involved may place you at risk of developing mental health concerns.
A spinal cord injury could also affect your ability to exercise, and a sedentary lifestyle might only act to increase your risk of developing additional health concerns.
The fallout of a crash
When the negligent actions of another party cause a serious crash to occur, the fallout of the incident could take a dire toll on your health. Spinal cord injuries could affect various aspects of your life, and while this might prove stressful enough as is, such a condition may expose you to a variety of future health complications. Such health conditions may also prompt a need for long-term or permanent medical care, and the extensive costs of treatment and recovery could prove financially demanding in nature.